Nicolae Iorga – www.nicolaeiorga.ro
Starting from the years 1920-1921, the economic and social life of the city entered a new period of development. The transformation of the community led to the expansion of workshops and factories in the Iris area. Many of the young residents of the neighborhood found employment at the Iris factory and the CFR Workshops, with a significant number of them settling in the area, resulting in a substantial increase in the student population. In the area, there was a Reformed confessional school attended by some of the Hungarian children. However, most of the children had to travel long distances to reach the schools in the city center.
All residents of the neighborhood desired and fought to have a school nearby. Consequently, they approached the local authorities and the educational authorities of the city. As a result, the first state school in the neighborhood was built on land owned by the community, which had previously served as a marketplace and hay storage for the city.
THE MISSION OF “NICOLAE IORGA” MIDDLE SCHOOL:
The mission is to provide quality education centered on the needs and interests of students, parents, and the community. It is a place where teachers build a confident community that offers equal learning opportunities without discrimination, in order to adapt to the dynamics of society.
THE VISION OF THE SCHOOL:
Our school aims to become a complex and modern organization by transforming mentalities and attitudes into positive educational experiences, a school for the mind, body, and soul appreciated by all students, parents, and the close-knit community, in an open partnership.